Terms and Conditions of the Europäische Union der Hörakustiker e.V. (European Union of Hearing Aid Acousticians)
By submitting your suggestion for a contribution, you irrevocably consent to the following agreement between you (hereinafter referred to as the “SPEAKER”) and the Europäische Union der Hörakustiker e.V. (European Union of Hearing Aid Acousticians, hereinafter referred to as the “ORGANISER”).
As soon as the suggestion for a presentation has been accepted by the ORGANISER’s scientific advisory committee, the ORGANISER will schedule the lectures for the lecture programme. The SPEAKER will receive a confirmation. The lecture programme will be published on the ORGANISER’s website, app, and, if applicable, in any printed brochures as well as in professional journals. The lecture programme is subject to changes; the ORGANISER reserves the right to altogether cancel the event (even at short notice).
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the SPEAKER will personally present his/her contribution according to the lecture schedule specified in the programme. Should the SPEAKER be unable to attend, he/she will send a qualified representative and bear any costs incurred.
The SPEAKER shall ensure that professional content is the focus of his/her presentation in line with the paper submitted. The SPEAKER shall prepare his/her presentation based on the presentation template provided by the ORGANISER.
The presentation will neither be of promotional nature nor will it contain advertising statements. The SPEAKER shall not disparage the ORGANISER in any way whatsoever.
The SPEAKER shall confirm that the planned subject has not been presented by him/her to hearing aid acousticians in the proposed format.
In addition, the following applies to digital events:
In the run-up to the event (or during a live event), the lecture will be recorded on video for digital presentation. At the time agreed for streaming the presentation on the internet, the SPEAKER shall be available for a live chat and questions asked by a presenter during a video conference to accompany the Digital Future Friday presentations, and, if applicable, also to accompany the EUHA digital lectures.
The conference will be held in German (applies to all events) and English (applies to the Congress and EUHA digital). Ideally, the SPEAKER shall provide his/her presentation in German and English. Should this not be possible, the ORGANISER will offer simultaneous translation or subtitling of the presentation. The SPEAKER shall submit his/her presentation to the ORGANISER by the date agreed so as to allow sufficient time for the interpreters to prepare their work.
The following applies to face-to-face events:
The conference languages are German and English. There will be simultaneous translation of the lectures into the other language. SPEAKERs are required to submit their presentations to the ORGANISER no later than fourteen days before the start of the event so that the interpreters can prepare for the topic.
The Spring Conference, Regional Conferences and Technical Seminars as well as other events are held in German.
The SPEAKER agrees to arrive on time (at least two hours before the start of his or her lecture) at the venue, and to hand in his or her presentation at the media check in order to check whether the presentation runs smoothly.
The ORGANISER will provide the following audiovisual (AV) equipment:
- LCD projector and screen
- PC laptop computer with VGA, HDMI, Mac connectors (EUHA Technical Seminars and Spring Conference)
- PC laptop computer for PowerPoint presentations as part of the presentation management system (EUHA Congress)
- speaker’s desk
- timer (EUHA Congress)
- electronic pointer
- screen with presentation preview
- sound/video options
- floor microphone for audience
We recommend testing your equipment in good time (in the evening or morning before the event or during event breaks) to avoid programme delays.
The ORGANISER will provide for the organisation of digital events. Issues concerning the equipment shall be discussed with the ORGANISER.
Use and exploitation rights
The SPEAKER will ensure that all materials (texts, slides, diagrams, illustrations, photos, etc.) submitted and/or presented by him/her are free of third-party copyrights. Otherwise, the SPEAKER assures that he/she has been authorised to use and publish such documents and content by the respective rights holder(s). If third-party rights of a presentation or exploitation exist contrary to this agreement, the SPEAKER shall immediately notify the ORGANISER.
In case of acceptance of the contribution, the SPEAKER expressly agrees to the following use and exploitation by the ORGANISER, irrevocably and without limitation granting the ORGANSIER the right to use and exploitation on an indefinite and permanent basis:
- The submitted contribution (in short or long version as well as the accompanying presentation) and information about the SPEAKER (curriculum vitae, photo) may be passed on as part of the electronic (USB sticks or for download) and/or printed subscriber documents.
- Excerpts from these materials may be used for the purposes of marketing the event, e.g. for information about the programme on www.euha.org, posters, PR measures, social media campaigns, mailings, etc.
- In addition, these materials may be published by the ORGANISER on the internet, in conference proceedings, or in other suitable media.
- The SPEAKER consents to the content of his/her presentation being published in a German professional journal, and will support the ORGANISER in preparing the relevant professional article. The EUHA’s style guidelines for papers apply, cf. www.euha.org. The SPEAKER grants the EUHA the right of first publication.
- The ORGANISER is generally prepared to comply with the SPEAKER’s request for deviant agreements concerning rights of publication/sub-licences, unless entrepreneurial, scientific, academic, or internal organisational interests are not in conflict with such request.
- The SPEAKER agrees to be filmed or photographed. In particular, he/she agrees to his/her presentation being recorded by the ORGANISER or on its behalf in word and picture. He will not raise any objection to a publication (live or at a later date), and will not make any claims in this connection to the ORGANISER or its contractor, cf. www.euha.org.
- The SPEAKER entitles the ORGANISER to make the resulting image and sound material accessible to third parties (also against a fee), and to promote the event and/or future event dates using this image and sound material. The same applies to the portrait picture submitted by the SPEAKER as part of his/her registration for the event.
These regulations shall also apply to translations into German and/or English, which may be made by the ORGANISER (in parts or for all parts of the materials). Rights of use and exploitation are granted irrevocably and without limitation on an indefinite and permanent basis.
The SPEAKER expressly agrees that all submitted documents, as well as the personal data and pictures submitted by him/her, may be used:
- for the purposes of organising the event, and be stored in any EDP systems of the ORGANISER for such purposes until revoked
- for the purpose of reviewing by the members of the scientific advisory committee
- for the purpose of marketing the event
The ORGANISER is obligated to appropriately identify the author as the originator of the work.
Exemption from liability
Contents of the offer
Liability claims against the ORGANISER that refer to damages of material or immaterial nature, effected by the use or non-use of the information offered, or by the use of erroneous or incomplete information, are categorically excluded unless any proven deliberate or gross negligence exists on the part of the ORGANISER.
Referrals and links
For direct or indirect links to external websites (“hyperlinks”), which are not the responsibility of the ORGANISER, liability may only be applied if the ORGANISER knew about the content and it was technically possible and feasible for the ORGANISER to prevent its use in the case of illegal content. The ORGANISER expressly declares that at the time of implementing the links there was no illegal content recognisable on the pages linked to. The ORGANISER has no influence on the current and future design, the content, or the copyright of the linked pages. Therefore, the ORGANISER explicitly dissociates itself from all changes concerning the contents of linked pages that were effected after the link was implemented. This also applies to all set links and references within the website as well as for external entries in the visitor’s books, discussion forums, and mailing lists, and in any other form of databases where the content may be written by external writing access, which were set up by the ORGANISER. For illegal, erroneous, or incomplete content, and especially for damages which arise due to the use or non-use of such information offered, only the provider of the page which was linked to, not the party who merely provides the links to the respective publication, is liable.
Should individual provisions of this agreement be, or become, invalid in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions or the agreement as a whole. The invalid provision shall be substituted by a valid provision that most closely matches the business result as intended by the two parties.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. The legal venue for all disputes arising under this agreement shall be the ORGANISER’s place of business (currently Mainz).